Innovation, creativity, vision and, above all, determination and team spirit, all this is Terminology Coordination!
The TermCoord team’s main role is to assist translators with their day-to-day tasks and facilitate terminology research and terminology management in the translation units, as well to increase the EP’s contribution to the EU terminology database IATE.
- we coordinate IATE and prepare different terminology projects involving the terminologists and trainees of the translation units;
- we provide translators with different terminology and documentation tools and resources;
- we look for new terminology and provide related glossaries and definitions for important legislative procedures;
- we organise various training sessions and workshops, as well as larger academic seminars on terminology-related issues.
- we cooperate with relevant services and management groups both within the Parliament and on an interinstitutional level;
- we keep in contact with universities, terminology bodies and experts in order to share knowledge, experience and material.
In our effort to give additional explanations about our aims and goals, we have added some presentations relating to the tasks and purposes of the Terminology Unit.
Do you want to know more about our activities? Visit the following pages!